The Student News Site of Amherst High School

The Talon

The Talon

The Talon

Alex Glodowski, the one and only

My best friend Alex Glodowski is about 6 feet or so. We sometimes call him “fluffy” because he has a bigger build, and you will always find him wearing sweatpants or pajama pants and a sweatshirt. Alex has black and naturally curly hair. When he is at work you will usually find him in a T-shirt and sweatpants, for his job he is a cook at Whitetail lanes. All around he looks like a very friendly high schooler.

The year I transferred to Amherst I didn’t know anyone at this school. The summer after my freshman year I lifted over the summer and I still didn’t know many people. During one of the morning lifts, I met Alex Glodowski. He was nice to me right away, he introduced me to people and made me feel like I belong here. Over the years we have done many things together and I have only grown closer friends with him.

Something that may be surprising about him is that he loves to lift. On the weekend once we are both done with work we will usually go lift together at planet fitness and on average we lift for about an hour and a half. Since we started lifting together his strength has improved greatly and it’s noticeable. Now he is built like an ox. Other than lifting he is very good at bowling and the difference between a normal person and Alex bowling is extraordinary. I have a rough time getting over 100 points while he can probably get more than 100 points while blindfolded. His movements and footwork while bowling is graceful. He looks like a figure skater when he’s bowling because of how smooth all his movements are. If you look at him while he is bowling you can tell that he is in his natural element, especially when he throws the ball down the lane; it looks like the ball is dancing all on its own before it hits the pins and makes a loud crashing sound.

I live in Rosholt and he lives in Amherst but it has always been worth it to hangout with him. All the late night lifts and McDonald’s runs together are almost frightening. He will always offer to drive us somewhere, but it’s impossible to not feel bad if you don’t return the favor so I always offer to buy him food or something to drink but sometimes I don’t know if it’s enough because of how kind hearted and caring he is. Nothing is boring with him, there is always something we can make interesting. It’s impossible to count all the memories we have had together in the three years I have known him.

Alex is one of the most important people in my life. Some could say that our bond is inseparable. We have fairly similar personalities which might be why we get along so well or it might be because of how we met, but it’s hard to tell but one thing that’s for certain is that he will be one of my best friends for the rest of my life.