The Student News Site of Amherst High School

The Talon

The Talon

The Talon

Dance like no one’s watching

Dance is one of the most creative sports. Dance can express feelings. Not only is it a form of expression but it can also keep you physical, improve coordination, boost confidence, and relieve stress. 

Most people know it takes a lot of time and thought to make a choreograph. The moves must fitthe music. The expression you put into the song is what makes it worth watching. With that expression, having coordination to control the body is equally important. That coordination and expression can take energy to keep you physical.

The more and more someone dances and practices, the more they can have confidence in it. Confidence is key in anything whether it be selling a product to moving around and walking into a crowd. Confidence helps you stand out from the rest and puts you in a spotlight. In dance that spotlight is what makes someone want to bask in confidence. If you feel real confident, make a dance for someone you like and impress them with the best moves they have ever seen. 

Dance can relieve oneself from negative emotion and bad afflictions. Dance is beneficial to anyone looking to try something to calm one’s inner thoughts and worries. Doctors recommend dancing and stretching to help mental health. If being a couch potato isn’t your life long dream, then get up off your butt, play some music, and dance. Dance to whatever comes to mind. No one’s watching so do as you please, be yourself. 

There are always perks to dancing so don’t be shy and dance to your heart’s content. If boredom overtakes you, instead of going on your phone, put on a favorite playlist or song and dance till you can’t breathe or can’t stand. Don’t just sit there; get a move on. See you on the dance floor with those amazing moves!