The Student News Site of Amherst High School

The Talon

The Talon

The Talon

Hall talk: the merits of winter break

Winter break is the sign that we’re halfway through the year. After having a solid four months of school straight, those two weeks off are the best Christmas present any student or teacher could receive and it looks like the students of Amherst High School agree. Over break, many students participated in lots of different activities.

Alli Venne, a junior at Amherst High School, explained how she particularly enjoyed the activities at school the day before break even started.

“It’s my first year at this school, and it’s been super fun so far,” Alli said. “But the Christmas activities are something that my old school didn’t do, so it was a super fun thing to experience.” Alli also said what she did over her break: “I went to visit my grandparents in Oconomowoc, and I haven’t seen them in a while so it was nice to see them for the holidays.”

Mr. Anderson, mathematics teacher at Amherst High School said, “My favorite part about Christmas break is watching my kids open their Christmas presents on Christmas Day. And being so excited about getting something they’ve wanted.” He also said how over break he visited his family up in Michigan.

Danica Lassa, a senior at Amherst High School, says she enjoys Christmas break and while on Christmas she spends time with her family.

“Although my favorite part of Christmas is making cookies with my mom or sister, I enjoy baking and it’s even more fun during the holidays,” Danica said.

Overall, it looks like Amherst High School students and teachers had a fantastic break! Although maybe some of them aren’t the happiest to be back, at least the end of the quarter is near and that’s something to look forward to.