The Student News Site of Amherst High School

The Talon

The Talon

The Talon

Spencer spectacular in faith & friendship

My classmate stands just over six feet with dark hair. He has a very athletic build that you can tell he is athletic. Spencer wears a very tan skin tone to his body. At school he wears jeans and sweats and usually a hoodie. He sticks to a very casual look and athletic outfits. His eyes tend to squint when he laughs and shows his teeth white like snow. He cleans up really nice when he decides to. 

His best side is his personality around everyone. He loves to talk to people and is very nice and considerate to people. He does not judge people for who they are and is very accepting. He can make everyone laugh when they are having a rough day. He is someone that everyone wants to be around because he is such a positive person. 

His surprising side is Spencer’s heavy faith he believes in. Every decision he makes is based on faith. Spencer believes in his faith like it is his own parents. He goes to church every Sunday and is confirmed as a Catholic. It is not surprising that he is religious, but the surprising part is how much he lets his faith take control of his life. A lot of times we hang out with all the times Spencer will not say things that go against his beliefs and faith. He knows his religion like it is the back of his hand. 

Our relationship is one of the best. We do almost everything together. We became close in middle school and now have a bond that’s unbreakable. We do stuff together from just watching sports together, to doing wilder stuff together. If Spencer is ever out doing something it is safe to say that I am along with him for whatever it may be. Just this weekend, Spencer and I volunteered ourselves to work at a youth tournament. I was first assigned to do this, then I made Spencer come and do it with me and he always takes it up so we can hang out and do whatever together. 

He means a lot to me for being my best friend. There are many things that I would do for him and he would do for me. He has taught me many things and has been a mentor for me when he didn’t even know. He has helped me with becoming a better person and understanding people more. He has helped me understand faith better by standing in his shoes. He always pushes me to be better and not do stupid things, which means a lot coming from a friend and not a family member all the time. The hardest part with our relationship is when we go separate ways after our senior year. He plans to stay home while I plan to go out of state for school. Overall, Spencer means a lot to many people, not just me. He is an amazing person that I think many people need in their life.